Green algae, aquatic plants, lettuce, beef liver, eggs, fish.
The most common are: Artemia, auloforus, Drosophila, ciliates, rotifers, koretra, clams, bloodworms, nematodes, crustaceans copepods, cladoceran crustaceans, Tubifex, worms, rain, enchytraeus, as well as insects (flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches, etc.), fry and small fish.
Note: a dash indicates no data.
The most common are:
– soft water plants such as Vallisneria, Wolffia rootless, Lemna, Naiad, duckweed, Elodea, and others;
– sliced and scalded with boiling water lettuce (kacanik varieties), spinach, dandelion, cabbage, clover, young nettle, plantain, celery, dill;
– some species of green algae growing on the aquarium glass, stones, driftwood and other solid objects.
Green algae can be grown in the following manner. In a glass jar filled with fresh water, drop the end down tightly rolled into a roll synthetic fabric with a mesh size of about 1 cm and put the jar in direct sunlight. After a few days on the fabric settles the algae;
Some of the published recipes:
– raw or frozen fish, grated on a grater (for example, cod). Some species of fish (e.g.,walleye Pollock) contain harmful substances and should be cooked in boiling water for 40 min;
raw meat without fat (beef, horsemeat, veal) is separated from the bones and tendons, like we a knife and cut into pieces of desired size;
milk, poured into a plate, put on a pot of boiling water and evaporated. The obtained powder feed fish;
– missed several times through a meat grinder the meat of the bivalve mollusk – bezzubki withstand repeated thawing and freezing;
– grits (semolina, wheat, buckwheat) cooked porridge cool, then washed in cold water until all the slime is separated, and then filter through a sieve. Store in refrigerator;
– the pounded leaves of lettuce or spinach, mixed with oatmeal, moisten with water and smear on the stone. After the formation of the solid crust of the stone put on the ground of the aquarium. The first time you should spread a small amount to the fish accustomed to such feed;
– low-fat cookies, white bread. P. Tereshchenko of rekomenduet: “the Bread must be fresh and easy to shape at crushing. Stale bread molded worse, crumbles and muddies the water. For feeding the fish bread rolled into a sausage and pinch off from it pieces a La carte. All attempts to “mechanization” of the process – a knife, scissors, sharpen work, but only rolled his fingers the bread muddies the water”;
– egg yolk, cooked hard-boiled, triturated in a glass of water, then washed with repeated settling, while the water, after the subsidence of the yolk becomes transparent. The yolk pipette making the aquarium water with the fry. For some fish species it replaces the starter live feed (but this is not a complete replacement);
– fat-free yogurt or kefir washed in the net, slightly wiggling your fingers, and the lower part of the net is lowered into the aquarium water with the fry. Net while lightly rocking.
– milk powder. A bowl of milk put in a pan of boiling water and evaporated it. The resulting powder does not dissolve in water for several hours and fully eaten by fish;
– pounded paste of minced meat sausages.
Note that such feed-substitutes spoil the water and it needs to change.
You can prepare a feed mixture. Component parts are thoroughly mixed in order to obtain maximum homogeneity of the mixture, then you can add the liquid vitamins and to increase the water resistance of gelatin (about 2%) or agar (8-9%). Gelatin is dissolved in water at 60° C, agar-agar and tenderize before adding both additives is cooled to 40-50° C. Such pasty food can be stored in the fridge (not the freezer).
From a thick spreadable mixture you can make pellets. For this, the mixture was passed through a meat grinder. Leaving the sausages lightly sprinkle with flour, divide into pieces of length 0.5–1 cm and dried (not in the fire or the sun) at a temperature not exceeding 50° C. Then grind in a coffee grinder or sift through a sieve, receiving granules of the desired size.
As examples, several recipes of feed mixtures . posted by Amateurs:
– 125 g of sour. 30 g of dried gammarus. 10 g of dry Daphnia, 3 g of crushed dry clay stir, adding chopped pemphigus and minced oatmeal until the mixture will be a pasty condition. Then cook, adding at the time of cooking egg white;
– 200 g of raw beef liver, 100 g of boiled beef, 0.5 Cup oats, 0.5 cups dry Daphnia, 50 g of lettuce, 0.5 cups dried bloodworms, 200 g of pasta “Ocean” to grind in a meat grinder and mix thoroughly. Put a thin layer on a sheet of foil, dried at room temperature and then grind in a mixer. Store in the refrigerator;
– cooked and the dried yolk of the eggs, 150-200 g of boiled (simmer for 20 minutes with three single-use emptying the water) and dried fish (navaga, cod, silver hake), 1 Cup dry Daphnia, 1 Cup dry Ricci, 50 g of eggs of perch or pike mixed in a blender, then add a tablespoon of buttermilk. Store in the refrigerator;
in a raw egg, add sugar and salt on the tip of a knife, whisk, pour 1 Cup fresh milk and heat in a clean fat pan until moisture evaporates, the remains of which is squeezed under load. Store in the refrigerator;
– 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of dried and powdered nettle leaves, lettuce or spinach, 0.25 Cup milk mix and cook over low heat stirring constantly. When the mixture will turn into flakes, allowed to drain and cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks;
in 0,5 l of boiling water a squirt pour 3 tablespoons of semolina, mix thoroughly and cook 3 minutes, Rinse under running cold water, strain through the net again and put in a pot. Add 1 tablespoon sifted through a sieve (mesh size 0.3 cm) Daphnia, Cyclops, gammarus and 3 tablespoons of nettle (harvested in June–August, dried in a room with no sun, the leaves are rubbed through a sieve with a mesh of 0.3 cm). The mixture is boiled 3 min, then add the beaten egg and cook for another 3 minutes the Mixture is poured into a low bowl, cool and store in refrigerator. Table 3 shows the chemical composition of some foods (g per 100 g of product) for feedstuff mixtures.